Skip to content

Kompozer -The best free webeditor

The Perfect free Webeditor

I have been searching for the perfect free Webeditor for quite some time now. I have a hacker puzzle Puzzlehacker which was built using the Microsoft frontpage interface. Frontpage was very useful for me,but my current PC does not have Frontpage in it. While searching for a fre webeditor, I stumbled across several substandard webeditors,quality was simply lacking. Sometimes I found some freeware worth using, but it would be just available for 30 days.This was when I found out eversoft firstpage webeditor.Though it was similar to Frontpage, navigation and publishing were a bit difficult.

This was the point when I came across Kompozer, from Mozilla. I simply love this software, it has the ease of navigation,good ftp,and moreover all the design utilities one can dream of. I have switched completely to Kompozer now, and would recommend it to all of my friends out there, who are searching for the perfect free webeditor.

Kompozer features

KompoZer is a complete web authoring system that combines web file management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing.

KompoZer is designed to be extremely easy to use, making it ideal for non-technical computer users who want to create an attractive, professional-looking web site without needing to know HTML or web coding.

Kompozer Technology

powered by Mozilla

KompoZer is based on Gecko, the layout engine inside Mozilla; it’s a super-fast, very reliable, standards conformant engine maintained on a daily basis by a wide community of developers. Its remarkable support of XML, CSS and JavaScript offers the best authoring platform on the market. Its architecture based on XUL makes it the most extensible editing tool ever.

KompoZer is a stand-alone tool; hence its small size and fast speed.

Those who are familiar with the DreamWeaver interface will feel right at home with KompoZer:

• WYSIWYG editing of pages, making web creation as easy as typing a letter with your word processor.
  • Integrated file management via FTP. Simply login to your web site and navigate through your files, editing web pages on the fly, directly from your site.
  • Reliable HTML code creation that will work with all of today’s most popular browsers.
  • Jump between WYSIWYG Editing Mode and HTML using tabs.
  • Tabbed editing to make working on multiple pages a snap.
  • Powerful support for forms, tables, and templates.
  • The easiest-to-use, most powerful Web Authoring System available for Desktop Linux, Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh users.

Details about key features and capabilities

FTP site manager

With KompoZer, all the sites you have specified in your Publishing Settings become browseable in a sidebar. You can get a tree view of a site, la Explorer’s folders pane, or a one-dir-only view, la Explorer’s directory view. It is also possible to filter files and show all files, or only HTML documents or image files. The browsing area also allows to show for each file its size and the date of last modification.

A new color picker

KompoZer has a new extended colorpicker, more conformant to what most users are used to. Set a color from its red blue and green components, or its hue saturation and brightness. Or just use your mouse to pick up the color you want.

Tabs!

One of Mozilla Firefox’s killer features is now available in KompoZer! Have one window only on your screen and edit several documents at once, each document having its own Undo/Redo stack! Just glance at the tabs to know if a document needs to be saved or not!

CSS editor

Create stylesheets easily and manage the styles attached to your documents. You can see your style settings applied ‘”live” to the document you’re editing.

A dash of style(s)

With KompoZer, right-click on any element in the hierarchical toolbar at the bottom of the window and set directly its style properties.

Customizable toolbars

Just customize your toolbar and show only the buttons you want/need.

Forms

Take advantage from a XUL-based UI to edit all your forms, and edit all your form elements.

Cleaner markup

KompoZer contains some machinery to get rid of most of those annoying <br>. Combined with the ability to call W3C’s HTML validator from within KompoZer you’ll make valid, clean documents.

XFN

When you create a new link to an external resource, or when you edit an existing link, you can now add XHTML Friends Network information to say that the owner of that resource is someone you know and trust.

Visible marks

In a complex page layout, you often need to see visible carriage returns and block borders. KompoZer can now do that for you. And of course, everything is controlled by a CSS stylesheet so you can customize those marks and replace them by your own.

Table/Cell resizing rulers

On the left and top side of the opened tab you will find the convenient table resizing rulers which will help you easily adjust the size of rows and columns in any table in the web page you design.

Automated Spellchecker

The integrated in-line spellchecker will underline all misspelled words as you type to ensure correct spelling throughout the entire web page.

DOWNLOAD Kompozer

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Be Sociable, Share!

Posted in Downloads, Freeware downloads.

Tagged with , , , .

24 Responses

1. web development says

yes i was using kompozer for years, i feel that much better than dream weaver, and plus point is itz powered by mozilla.

2. Jobin Martin says

The plus point I find is easy to use and beautiful in appearance.Dreamweaver is for Professionals, someone looking for a simple free webeditor can use Kompozer

3. Cambridge Computers says

This piece of software has been invaluable to me. When I’m using my lenovo, it’s so easy to edit the code before previewing in a browser. Dreamweaver stays on the main Mac for heavy work though.

4. Latest Laptops says

Yup I do agree with @web its really awesome! cause its powered by Mozilla. 🙂 Thanks for the information @Jobin Martin
    Latest Laptops´s last [type] ..Latest Laptops-ASUS UL30 Review

5. Rafael Biriba says

Why not the simple GEdit ?? =D
    Rafael Biriba´s last [type] ..Blogs poluídos- O problema de utilizar anúncios

6. indian web hosting says

gedit is better in programing but when doing some web related work i feel kompozer is much better.
    indian web hosting´s last [type] ..India VPS

7. 3D LCD says

I definitely have to try this one out!

8. Indianapolis Web Design says

Thanks for your recommendation of Kompozer as I was not familiar with it. It sounds like the perfect web design software for clients of mine who are not Internet-savvy and want an easy way to make updates to their web site.

9. Sourav Chakraborty says

In my opinion, NVU is better, more flexible and productive than compozer. Most of the time, however, I work with raw html in my beloved Notepad++.

10. Computer Tips says

I think this is one of the most important info for me. And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

11. Alex says

This is a great piece of software..as others have said, Notepad++ is efficient but Kompozer is powerful and easy to use.

12. Gustavo @ Cool Gadgets says

I personally still like and use notepad 😀
    Gustavo @ Cool Gadgets´s last [type] ..Post Voice Messages on Facebook with MyMic

13. Freak says

wanna need to try this one. keep the good job.

14. Jobin Martin says

@

15. Jobin Martin says

@Rafael & Sourav

I haven’t tried out NVU or GEdit. Will have to check out them both, thanks for the tip.

16. share computer tips says

wow thanks for this great post..
    i will try this web editor.
    share computer tips´s last [type] ..The difference between a Mac computer and a Pc Computer

17. The Hydroponic Gardener says

How recently has Kompozer been updated? I used to use it and enjoyed it, but it seems like what has been mentioned above is more advanced than what I still have on my pc. I have not been using it lately because I just discovered another free website builder called Weebly. I designed what I think is a tremendous website. Everything was incredibly easy albeit a bit limited. However, after reading this post I will definitely revisit Kompozer. Thank-you so much.
    The Hydroponic Gardener´s last [type] ..bubbleponics-system

18. Manchester SEO AGENCY says

Very nice design and style and superb written content , nothing at all else we need : D.

19. Charles S. Bragg says

I want to test this one if it really is effective.

20. Jobin Martin says

Charles, you are welcome.

21. Jobin Martin says

Thank you.

22. Jobin Martin says

Since Kompozer is a freeware,don’t over expect.

23. Laptop User says

Aaron,

I never used Kompozer, as I now use Notepad++

The only drawback here is, you can’t use it as FTP and if you have to edit big file, it becomes so sluggish.

I will try kompozer, it looks great, screenshot is great

Al.
    Laptop User´s last [type] ..Make Your Laptop Runs Faster

Continuing the Discussion

1. Geek Squeaks’ of the Week (#96) « What's On My PC linked to this post on January 26, 2011

[…] Techpiper Kompozer -The best free webeditor […]

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

CommentLuv badge